Carmelo Caruana caters for all shipping and logistics sectors. The agency department operates round-the-clock and covers Malta’s two major ports, Valletta and Marsaxlokk.
We give paramount importance to health, safety, security and the environment. Our teams are fully trained and certified by the Institute of Safety and Health UK, CILT – Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, and the Glasgow Nautical College on behalf of the Maritime Coastguard Agency UK.
Our ship agency division is available 24/7, attending to more than 1,700 vessels a year.
We offer wide-ranging services to ships calling at Malta’s ports and offshore.
- Crew transfers
- Provision of supplies of stores and spares
- Customs clearance
- Underwater surveys, hull cleaning and propeller polishing
- Dry-docking, repairs & afloat repairs
- Emergency repairs off harbour
- Bunkering services
- Marine surveying reports
- Ship inspections and defect lists
- Cargo operations alongside – dry & wet
- Ship-to-ship cargo operations and documentation issuance
- Berthing and lay-by services
- Additivation (representing major petro-chemical suppliers)
- Passenger services
- Yachting services
- General husbandry services
- Life-saving equipment services